Based in Fernie, BC since 1993, Groundtech offers geotechnical consulting services to the development,
construction and mining sectors in the East Kootenay and Southern Alberta regions. As a geotechnical
engineer, you will be joining our close-knit team. In this role, you will collaborate with our talented
professionals who are committed to delivering high quality engineering solutions to our clients.
Groundtech provides geotechnical consulting services for:
- Building foundation design – SLS/ULS bearing capacity
- Pile design
- Road structure design
- Geotechnical design for deep service construction
- Landslide rehabilitation
- Drainage plan design
- River engineering – bank protection
Groundtech seeks a geotechnical engineer to join our Fernie office. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated and talented individual to work and live in the beautiful Rocky Mountains of Southeast BC.
- Management of geotechnical investigations ranging from land development, municipal, transportation and resource related projects.
- Supervise drilling and test pit programs, collection of samples for lab testing.
- Analysis of stability, stress and foundation response utilizing a variety of engineering software.
- Preparation of concise geotechnical reports
- Preparation of cost estimates and proposals.
- Mentoring, guidance and supervision of engineering in training.
- Registration as a P.Eng. in BC
- Minimum 7-10 years experience in consulting engineering in the private sector.
- Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to travel within the region.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including experience in writing technical reports.
- Experience in various geotechnical software.
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: Based on experience with possibility to earn shares in company